- Physical and chemical analyses of the writings and their correlation with the origin of the documents;
- Work protocols for relevant analyses. Correlation of the protocol with the analysis and the document;
- Specific protocols for the restoration of the writings according to the document material and the existing ink/original pigment;
- Investigation protocols of the faded writings;
- A completely functional scalable database with the option of adding new elements and data interrogation/provision according to the physical and chemical analyses;
- Two articles published in ISI journals. Workshop to disseminate the results to potential users (e.g. other libraries in the country);
- Submission of a patent application.
List of deliverables
- The correlation document regarding of the analysis results with the age and origin of the documents;
- Functional database, with the possibility of querying and providing data depending on the type of analysis introduced;
- All articles realized in present moment
- Patent application;
|Title. Authors. Conf/Journal||Status|
|Ludmila Motelica, Luciana Marinof, Alina Holban, Bogdan Stefan Vasile, Anton Ficai – “Optical, Photocatalytic and Antibacterial Properties of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles Obtained by a Solvothermal Method” – U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series B, 82(1), 2020 pp. 59-70.||published|
|Dan Razvan Popoviciu, Ticuta Negreanu-Pirjol, Ludmila Motelica, Bogdan Stefan Negreanu Pirjol – “Carotenoids, Flavonoids, Total Phenolic Compounds and Antioxidant Activity of Two Creeping Cotoneaster Species Fruits Extracts” – Rev. Chim., 71 (3), 2020, 136-142||published|
|Dan Razvan Popoviciu, Ticuta Negreanu-Pirjol, Ludmila Motelica, Bogdan Stefan Negreanu Pirjol – “Carotenoids, Flavonoids, Total Phenolic Compounds Content and Antioxidant Activity of Indigenous Pyracantha coccinea M. Roem. Fruits” – Rev. Chim., 71 (4), 2020, 258-266||published|
|Ludmila Motelica, Denisa Ficai, Ovidiu Cristian Oprea, Anton Ficai, Ecaterina Andronescu – “Smart Food Packaging Designed by Nanotechnological and Drug Delivery Approaches” – Coatings, 10(9), 806, 2020||published|
Achievements so far
Within the subproject P1 - Lib2Life- “Revitalization of libraries and cultural heritage through advanced technologies” non-destructive physico-chemical analyzes were performed on documents from the XVI-XIX centuries in the possession of the Central University Library "Carol I" (125 samples). Based on the results obtained, a database was created, with the possibility of querying and comparing documents and analyzes. In this way, documents of uncertain origin can be investigated and a preliminary identification can be made.
So far in the database, the analyzes have been added for the 125 documents from the XVI-XIX centuries, documents received from BCUB Carol I.
Figure 1. Screenshot from the database with the presentation of some inserted documents (total in August 2020 = 125).
In this subproject as well, new methods of treating the paper affected by various pathogens were developed, methods meant to obtain the elimination of fungi and mold, without damaging the paper support or the documents.
Figure 2. Documents infested with fungi and bacteria
Figure 3. Non-destructive physico-chemical analyzes performed on manual paper samples (SEM, FTIR microscopy, EDX elemental analysis)
So far, six articles have been published in ISI-listed journals and two patent applications have been filed, exceeding the deliverables assumed in the project. The latest published article is in the journal Coatings (IF 2,436 - Q2). Two other articles are being finalized as well and another patent is being worked on. By the end of the project, 160 documents will be analyzed and added in the database. As new documents can be added into the database at any time, it can be enriched even after the end of the project if certain documents of interest appear.